- On 10 and 12 November 2019 42nd Street The Musical was released in more than 600 cinemas across the UK and Ireland by More2Screen
- The event has taken £1.1 million at the box office in the first week [Source: ComScore]
- It was #1 at the box office on Sunday 10th and Tuesday 12th November
- This is the BEST EVER first week UK and Ireland box office performance for a musical distributed by an Event Cinema team
- Due to high demand more than 250 encore screenings are already booked to the end of the year
More2Screen, the award-winning Event Cinema distributor, today confirms that the cinema release of 42nd Street The Musical has taken £1.1 MILLION in its first week and it was the #1 film on Sunday 10th and Tuesday 12th November.
Christine Costello, CEO and Founder of More2Screen said, ‘This tremendous box office result demonstrates the huge enthusiasm for watching West End musicals at the cinema and we’d like to thank everyone involved for their help in bringing this superb production to the big screen.’
Screened in more than 600 cinemas across the UK, Ireland and selected European territories on 10 and 12 November, this is the largest ever staging of the Tony® Award-winning musical and it was produced by Michael Linnit and Michael Grade at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. The filmed production was produced for BroadwayHD by Executive Producers Bonnie Comley and Stewart F. Lane. It stars national treasure Bonnie Langford as Dorothy Brock with Emmerdale’s Tom Lister as Julian Marsh, Philip Bertioli as Billy Lawlor and Clare Halse as Peggy Sawyer, the talented young performer with stars in her eyes who gets her big break on Broadway.
Encore screenings will continue into December, visit 42ndStreetCinema.com https://www.42ndstreetcinema.com/ for participating cinemas and to book tickets.